Hello . Hola. Bonjour . Ciao . Namaste !
I'm Soumitra Saxena. I'm 23, and I am a Technical Director at DreamWorks Animation India, supporting the Lighting department. I specialize in tackling challenges related to animation pipelines and making them better and a lot more artist friendly.
I'm currently working on DreamWorks Animations' upcoming feature Boss Baby, all set to release in March 2017.
Here are a few things you should know about me :
- » Being a Technical Director at DreamWorks is the best thing that has happened to me so far : Being at the interface of art and technology at DreamWorks was an amazing experience. I was lucky to get enough experience both as a Surfacing TD and a Lighting TD, which provided me with a view of the enormous pipeline from all the important corners, and has strengthened my understanding of Graphics and Pipelines in general.
- » I want to create the perfect animation pipeline : I believe our pipelines could be faster, leaner, and so much more artist friendly. I'm a strong believer in automation, and would love to design a pipeline one day that exposes only the important stuff to the artists, and takes care of everything else behind the scenes.
- » I have a certificate that says that I am awesome : The folks over at DreamWorks were just too kind.
- » Softwares I adore : Nuke, Maya, Adobe Photoshop/After Effects/Premiere Pro, , a little bit Mari (not counting DreamWorks' proprietary Lighting and Animation software, cause yeah. )
- » I design stuff too! : Shameless self promotion - Check out my Behance page!
On a normal weekend, you can find me listening to some Tame Impala or debating why Coldplay, and not 42, is the answer to life, the universe, and everything else.